He had hitched a ride with them, so-called "thumbing it," because he did not own a car of his own. Ironically, in a few moments, he would get shot by police in this car he was merely a passenger in, who didn’t even know who he was.
Unfortunately, Korff had gotten into a car with four men who had just committed a crime. They had entered a man’s home, robbed him, and also hit him physically. After they left, this man thankfully was able to call 911 and the police responded as they rightfully should.
When we say "police," let’s be clear here. We are NOT talking about "normal" city police. Instead, this is the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office, which patrols various areas inside counties in unincorporated regions of Oregon.
What all this fancy talk translates into is that many cities do NOT have police forces of their own, bureaucrats claim they cannot afford them.
To help insure public safety, the state and Feds will kick in money to fund what are called county sheriff’s, who help keep the peace.
These men are REAL "cops," they just don’t work for any city, although they patrol several cities.
Unfortunately, there are at times only one officer to patrol some 400 square miles. This is a ratio criminals always love.
Date with a bullet
As Korff sat in this car with these criminals as an innocent passenger, they were driving down a road when they met the two Oregon Deputies who had been sent out to investigate the crime, which Korff had NOTHING to do with. Continued Part II.
. Jokes: By Popular Request - More Bushisms
1. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
Comment: He means to put food on your plate.
2. "The Indians and the Paki’s should learn to live in peace."
3. "We cannot let terriers and rogue actions hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.’’
Comment: He meant to use the word hostage, instead of hostile.
4. "It’s no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another."
5. "Like you, I have been disgraced about what I’ve seen on TV that took place in prison."
6. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
Comment: He meant to say discourages.
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.